“If you don’t sacrifice for your dreams, your dreams become the sacrifice” - anonymous
14 Days ago, I accepted 75 Hard.
75 Hard is a mental toughness challenge created by Andy Frisella.
It had 5 main components:
- Exercise twice per day, for 45 minutes each time
- Stick to a diet (No Alcohol)
- Drink 1 Gallon of Water per day
- Read 10 pages per day
- Take a progress photo each day
Why did I accept 75 hard?
I accepted 75 hard because I will sacrifice anything in order to build a successful business.
Robin Sharma introduced a concept called - ‘The 4 Interior Empires’
Mindset - Your Thoughts
Healthset - Your Health
Heartset - Your Feelings
Soulset - Your Inner Peace
I believe that success is a state when your 4 interior empires are firing on all cylinders. When you have positive thoughts, good health, are in touch with your emotions, and when you know who you truly are.
By accepting 75 hard - I am setting out to strengthen these 4 interior empires, to win on the inside so that I can win on the outside.
“What you achieve inwardly, changes outer reality” - Plutarch
Many of you know that I did a 50 day challenge in the beginning of this year.
I quit alcohol, dedicated myself to my morning routine, and chose to truly take care of myself.
It allowed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life:
- I started my dress shirt brand - Maxwell Murray
- I was in the best shape of my life
- I truly appreciated the small moments in life - that sip of coffee, those saturday mornings, and honestly - just a breath of fresh air.
I wanted to get back to that.
So - 14 days into 75 Hard, What have I learned?
- Sacrifice - “The top 5% of people do what 95% of people won’t do” - Robin Sharma
- Many people have dreams of being a successful entrepreneur, world-class fashion designer, truly global artist, etc - however, simply wanting something means nothing. The question that one must ask themselves isn’t “What do I want?” - It is “What am I willing to struggle for?”
- You may want to have a successful business. But are you willing to lose money, eat sh*t for years, overcome failure after failure, and put everything that you physically have into something that may or may not work?
- “I wanted the reward and not the struggle. I wanted the result and not the process. I was in love with not the fight, but only the victory.” - Mark Manson
2. The Inner B*tch - If you don’t want to do it, do it.
- The hardest part about 75 hard isn’t the no alcohol - it’s by far, the two workouts. Working out once a day in the morning isn’t bad but putting on your shoes for that run in the nighttime - sucks. Your brain starts to go, your mind begins to talk, and make excuses.
- “The work quiets the mind” - MM. The energy that you put into not doing something, you can put into doing that thing. When you do it - your mind settles down. Now - there is a very important concept that I want to speak to you about below 👇🏾
- The work kills the inner b*tch.
That voice in your head that tells you everything you CAN’T do - is the inner b*tch.
It will make up excuses, amplify your fears, and confirm your doubts.
“I’m too tired… I don’t have enough…” - “The inner b*tch”
The voice in your head that tells you how much of a f*cking BOSS you are - that’s inner advocate.
“I’m meant to do this… I can take on anything life throws at me…” - “The inner advocate”
Our job as humans is to hog tie the inner b*tch, put duck tape over its mouth, and throw it in the back of a trunk.
Through work - we silence the inner b*tch and strengthen the inner advocate.
You can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
Only if - you ride with the inner advocate.
3. Happiness - You are never going to be happy until you accept that you are already enough.
- There is nothing on the outside that is going to make you feel happy. The moment that you achieve a goal that you set out for yourself, you will fixate your mind on the next goal. It is as simple as that.
- “Success occurs in the privacy of the soul” - Rick Rubin.
- Example - I just crossed 3,000 Instagram followers. I started posting content in April of 2022 with 1,700 followers. It took me a year to reach 2,000 followers (early march). It took me till October to reach 3,000 followers, and by December 1 - I will probably hit 4,000.
- Reaching this goal made me feel nothing.
- It is the chase, that I live for. The 500 videos that I recorded, edited, and posted - that made me feel success. Not reaching any goal. I am 100% sure when I reach 10,000 → 20,000 → 100,000 - I will feel no different.
- Life is an infinite game, not a finite game. You cannot win the game of life. The goal of the game is to keep playing. If you don’t understand that success is where your feet are today - you will never be successful. Many people think - If I achieve x, then I will be happy. That’s not how life works. That is why the process is so important. Because it is the chase, the grind, the work - that makes you feel successful.
Finally: “To do what you have never done, you must become who you’ve never been.”
When I was at my lowest point in life - I drew a T-chart. On the left, I wrote down all of the labels that I no longer wanted to identify with. On the right, I wrote down all the labels that I did want to identify with.
Then I killed who I was in order to become who I always wanted to be.
When you change your identity, you change your habits, and your habits change your world.
I wish you all the best in your journey! Please reach out to me if you ever want to chat - I will always be here for you. I love yall - thank you so much!